Wednesday, April 09, 2008

MPH

Some might ask, “Why NASCAR?” Well , hear me out…

It's because it's what we love. It is who we were born to be. And here we sit, thinking. Well, I’m not a thinker. I’m a driver. I’m a doer. And that's what I need to do. I don't need to think. I need to drive. I need speed. I need to go out there, and I need to rev my engine. I need to fire it up. I need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and I need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra! And then, when the fear rises up in my belly, I use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And I use it. And I ride it; I ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then I win. I WIN! And I don't win for anybody else. I win for me, you know why? Because a man (or woman) takes what he wants. He takes it all. And we’re men (or women), right? Aren’t we? AREN”T we?






This is about the 12th attempt to get a pic of me in the air... and what you don't hear is "GO SADDLER!" (that's the guy on my bright blue shirt).


An airborn pose like that deserves to be seen. Woo woo Adam!


Chris' face says it all!




Two words: Hottie Alert.



Crowell kids who have caught the fever.


True blue real NASCAR fans. I was honored to be wedged inbetween them.

















14 comments:

Dani said...

jill - you never cease to surprise me... nascar huh? i love it!

The Douglas's said...

nascar huh? fun fun. You are always doing such fun things jill!

carol said...

Jill! But how did you get a picture of Matt (blatter) in the black wife beater, mullet, and barbed-wire tattoo? I had no idea he was there that day, hmm. Ha. Great post and I think I'll need to try out this NASCAR!

Kristen said...

Did you write that post or is it a quote? Either way I love it! I love your sweet pictures!

Jill said...

My only question after leaving the race was -- why has it taken me so lllloooonnngggg to become a NASCAR fan.

I wore my bright blue Best Buy shirt (with every logo but the kitchen sink plastered on it) to work the other day, and you should've seen the looks of confusion.

And Carol, I believe Matt was sitting by the man I've been holding out for. Do you think he could hook me up? ;)

Abby said...

Hey Jill, whats up? How has everything been? So much to catch up with. check us out at abbypug.blogspot.com Talk to you soon.

Leslie Garbanati said...

Jill....NASCAR!! You go girl! I am so jealous...we went to Vegas last year and soaked up the redneckness of it all-and LOVED IT! Sorry I can't cheer with you, though!! Go Junior....Go Jimmie! You are so CUTE!!!

Ronda said...

Hi Jill! I'm glad you have a blog! You are beautiful! I don't think you could take a bad picture! Have a great day!

Jodi said...

Hey girl just wanted to let you know that I have joined the blogger world not that I am very good at it but here I am at www.jodiclements.blogspot.com so check me out... Hope everything is good!

Ronda said...

Ok Jill, I hate to admit this but I faithfully check your blog every couple a'days and Jill..... nothing, so I believe that it is time to update!!!! Hope you are doing great! Maybe see you this weekend for the 4th!!

Abby said...

It was good to see you in Ogden last night. Make sure to call 435-881-5687

The Herberts said...

Jilli!! I am so happy to stumble upon your blog, girl! How in the heck are you? I read your profile and totally know what you mean - citified vs. rough around the edges... Miss you! Check us out...I just started blogging... richandlacee.blogspot.com. I'll be checking back often!

The Merkleys said...

Wow Jill I have not seen you in forever. Looks like life is exciting, I never would have guessed you for a nascar fan! ~brie

Jodi said...

Okay Jill it is time to blog again and fill us in on the wedding plans!!! I will be faithfully watching for it!