Monday, February 04, 2008

Celine Dion- a guilty pleasure resurfaces


Who knew I loved Celine Dion?
Heavens, I'd even forgotten I'd loved her. At least until we were driving down to the NFR in Vegas and our car was bouncing/seeping with her classic hits... "IF...YOU....ASKED me to..." I believe Matt might have even sung along.

I was feeling just like I'd found a $10 bill in my old jeans - surprised, excited, rich. So when Stacie suggested going to her concert, we acted like giddy school girls. We ran to the ticket office and not only bought passes for two but also sparkly Celine Dion shirts. What a great performance - the music and dancers were amazing. Really. It was more of a theatrical performance with Celine Dion as the vocalist. But even better than the show was feeling so excited about something and discovering one of my new favorite songs, Taking Chances. Yes, you all probably think its cheesy/lame, but I like it. At this point in life, dating has kinda taken its toll on us single folk , and I like hearing we need to take a chance on love.

Taking Chances
Don't know much about your life.
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

I just want to start again,
And maybe you could show me how to try,
And maybe you could take me in,
Somewhere underneath your skin?

What do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I bet that was a good concert. They had a bit of one of her shows on last Friday and I too had forgotten how much I like her. I think she is just a classic. Not to mention, can you believe her legs! I was totally impressed. They showed her sining that song and it really hit me to. I like it.

kOrTnI said...

Jill...I love her song Taking Chances-the lyrics are amazing! I can listen to it over and over.
I'm so happy you have them posted to your blog.

kort